April 2015 Chapter Meeting Notes

Chapter Meeting Notes

April 14, 2015

6:30 pm to 8:30 pm

WWCC, Rock Springs Campus – Room1333

-         Welcome and Introductions

-         Meeting presentation:

·        Tiffany(WWCC student)  – What is bugging you on Trout Creek – results of a terrestrial invertebrate study on Trout Creek

·        Next month’s meetings presentation:

·        May 12th - Charlie Card – Fly fishing the Flaming Gorge with an emphasis on small mouth bass

-         5 Minute Intermission prior to proceeding with business portion the meeting

-         Changes/additions to the Agenda

Presentation on U.S. Wilderness areas

-         Chapter business

·        Review and approve March meeting minutes

§  Sandy Motions to accept

§  Scott 2nds

§  All in favor

·        Treasurer Report – Review and Accept

§  Pat Motions to accept

§  Pete 2nds

§  All in favor

·        Update on F3T movie presentation – projected revenue for chapter

§  Should be around $3,000 not final

-         Presentation on U.S. Wilderness areas

·        April 13, room 1302 WWCC

·        Nick will forward email out.

-         Request to individuals interested in being at large board members

·        Request for interested individuals and nominations

§  John and Eddie are both interested in being on the board

·        John would like to be involved with the board. He would like to be where all the action happens.

·        Eddie misses being a part of the board, and would like to help the chapter and lead the chapter into the future.

·        Vote

·        All in favor of John being on the board

·        All in favor of Eddie being on the board

-         Correspondence  / Quick Notes / Reminders

·        ???

·        2015 Seedskadee TU Chapter volunteer opportunities:

-         SNWR School Program

i.      Contact Katie Theule @ SNWR

ii.      April and May

-         Side Channel Surveys:  Identify and priorities side channels on SNWR for opening and reconnection to the main Green River with heavy equipment such as an excavator.

i.      Project lead – Kevin Spence (WGFD)

ii.      Spring/ early summer

-         Fly fishing demonstration/classes and chapter potluck BBQ (in lieu of chapter meeting)

i.      Project lead – Pat Newell

ii.      June 9th – time and location to be determined

iii.      Hands on fly fishing demonstrations

iv.      Volunteers needed – please contact project leads

-         Kids Fishing Day

i.      Project lead (chair) - Amy Hazlewood

ii.      Saturday - June 20, 2015 – day before Father’s Day

iii.      Volunteers needed – please contact project leads

-         Clean up old TU projects on Big Sandy

i.      Project lead - ???

1.      Howard will be the lead

ii.      Recommended for a couple weeknights in July or August

iii.      2 more hatching boxes left

1.      Stove springs

2.      Number 5

a.       Yes there is a box there

3.      Bone draw hatching box remains

1.      Scott will email his map of #5 location

-         River Fest – River Walk

i.      Project lead – Nick Walrath

1.      Assistant leads Amy Hazelwood and Pat Newell

ii.      August 15th

-         Red Creek

i.      Project lead - ???

1.      Janae Neff will be the lead

ii.      Likely a September project

iii.      Construct exclosures around existing aspen and willow

iv.      Possibly additional instream habitat work.

1.      Data shows past work is helping!

v.      Volunteers needed – please contact project leads

-         SNWR ditch evaluations

i.      Project lead – Eddie Baker

ii.      2nd or 3rd Saturday in October

iii.      Electrofishing and netting surveys to evaluate entrainment and salvage

1.      Hamp I

2.      Pal Ditch

-         Ladies fishing retreat

i.      Project lead – Hillary Walrath

1.      Leads and co-leads are still fleshing out what the event will look like

ii.      Camping one night fishing two days, fall

1.      Pat will cook Pork Ribs

-         Planting on Trout Creek (Ramsay Diversions)

i.      Project lead – Nick Walrath.

ii.      Volunteers needed – please contact project leads

-         Green River AAT

i.      Project leads  - Nick Walrath (TU) and John Walrath (WGFD)

ii.      April – radio tagging Green River fish, Late October radio tagging Flaming Gorge fish

iii.      Tracking commences shortly there after

-         New ramp locations below Seedskadee

i.      Project lead – Robb Keith

1.      Assistant leads Calvin Hazelwood and Nick Walrath

-         Fishing line collectors for the Green River

i.      Project lead - Calvin Hazlewood

-         Staining SNWR Cross-over ladders Project is done!

i.      Project lead - Cliff Pabst You da’ man Cliff!!!

·        Reminder - April and May projects and activities

-         Adopt-a-Trout/burbot – Green River

i.      Project leads Nick Walrath (TU) and John Walrath (WGFD)

ii.      Tagging fish during April

iii.      Tracking commences shortly there after

-         SNWR School Program

i.      Contact Katie Theule @ SNWR

ii.      April and May

-         Spring Council meeting

i.      Apr 17-19 in Casper

1.      If interested, talk to Calvin, he will send info to you.

-         Project Healing Waters

i.      April 21-22 – take vets fishing

1.      April 21 – 5 pm – social (snacks and beverages)

2.      April 22  - 5 pm – 2 briskets and potluck

3.      This should be a great time please plan to attend

-         Western Regional TU Meeting

i.      May 1-3 Jackson, WY (Snow King Resort)

-         Tie One On (State TU and Jackson Hole Chapter Banquet)

i.      May 2nd

-         Upper Bear River Chapter Banquet

i.      May 9th

ii.      Great time – attendance is recommended

iii.       If interested contact Robb

-         Seedskadee board meeting - May

i.      May 12th, 5:00 pm, Outlaw Inn Restaurant, Rock Spring

-         Seedskadee chapter meeting - May

i.      May 12th, 6:30 pm, Outlaw Inn Hotel – upstairs meeting room

ii.      Presentation:  Charlie Card – Fly fishing the Gorge with an emphasis on smallmouth bass.

-         Kids Fishing Day

i.      Project lead (chair) Amy Hazlewood

ii.      Saturday - June 20, 2015 – day before Father’s Day

-         Fish tails:

·        How has the fishing been?

-         New Business

·        Tom would like to thank all that helped with the Cottonwood planting last weekend.

·        Screen is working great, even with the bumper crop of tumble weeds.

-         Adjourn Until Next Time – Get Out and Make Some Memories!  <*))))><