April 2015 Board Meeting Notes

Seedskadee TU Board Meeting Notes

8-Apr-15

5 pm to 7 pm

Outlaw Inn Restaurant, Rock Springs

·        Attendees: Calvin, Amy, Hillary, Robb, John Crouch, Eddie, Pete, Pat, Aven, Nick

·        Odds and Ends

-         Document the current voting board members

i.      Robb, Calvin, Amy, Pete, Pat, Scott N.

ii.      Add “Open Board positions” to Agenda for next Chapter meeting.

1.      John and Eddie are interested in being on the board

-         Write a check to purchase a MFF sponsorship per decision during March 10th board meeting. Can’t do until Scott is around.

i.      $500 Sponsorship

ii.      1 in 100 chance to win a commissioners License

-         F3T film festival – update

i.      Around 100 people

ii.      $1500 in tickets sold

iii.      Somewhere around $2800 to $3000 net; Not final yet.

1.      No advertising done. Next time spend some money to advertise.

-         Green River Chamber sign – update

i.      We were challenged to pay 1/3 ($333) to buy a sponsorship for the Chamber.

ii.      This has been paid and Scott has a Receipt

iii.      Will be built this summer, will advertise whatever the chapter wants.

-         John Crouch questions – Are board votes binding on the chapter?  Are board actions subject to the approval of membership during a regular meeting?

i.      Have looked into the Chapter Bylaws, and asked the NLC rep for Wyoming (Jim Broderick)

ii.      Robb Quoted from the Jim B’s Email to Robb.

1.      Take home message = Actions of the board are binding to the Chapter

iii.      John likes the fact that we are going to address the Bylaws

iv.      John would like see the board meeting minuets sent to all the membership.

v.      Calvin, talked about the conversation he had with the MFF about sending out the board meeting minutes.

1.      Their Lawyer said that the board meeting minutes could be taken the wrong way and is not the best interest of the chapter.

vi.      Eddie asked: What is TU Nationals stance about sending out Board meeting notes?

1.      Eddie will call Beverly

2.      Eddie will send an email about the conversation

vii.      John wanted to know why more “business” is not done at the chapter meetings?

viii.       Answer: The Chapter has heard from the general membership over the last few years that they want less meeting and more activities or presentations.

ix.      John shared how the TU chapter works in AZ.

-         Management of Seedskadee Chapter Gmail account

i.      Who Should: have access, and use the account

1.      Should only the board have access the account?

2.      Should the entire chapter have access?

ii.      John had a question about how a chapter member would talk to the board

1.      It was explained to him how to do that.

a.       Anyone can send an email to Seedskadeetu@gmail.com and the board will get that.

b.      Anyone can talk to the chapter board via Facebook

iii.      Amy motioned that sending emails from the Seedskadeetu@gmail.com account is a privilege of being on the board.

1.      Calvin 2nds

2.      All in favor. All.

·        Additional donation to MFF (commissioners tag)

-         Clarification from Commissioner Mark Anselmi on donated tags

i.      There were some additional emails regarding the sale of the tags.

ii.      Calvin, shard an email that addressed those concerns (attachment 1)

1.      Bottom line is that Mr. Anselmi was not concerned in anyway how we sold the tag he gave us.

iii.      There was also some concern brought up regarding some concerns around the state

1.      Calvin, talked to a number other people around the state regarding this

-         Pros and cons of an additional donation?

i.      MFF normally asks 10% from things sold at their banquets

1.      This agreement was not worked out last year or this year.

2.      This through Calvin off.

ii.      Pete, would like if we should, end it today and give them the sponsorship, and deal with the 10% next time.

1.      Would not like it to be called a fee

2.      Would go along with a donation

iii.      Amy, would like to see us give the 10%

iv.      Pat would have no problem with the 10%

v.      Nick brought up to maybe tie it to the exclosure project on Little Mountain

-         Call for a vote

i.      Pat makes a motion to donate $1000 for the exclosure project on Little Mountain

1.      Pete, 2nds

2.      4 yes 1 no 1 absent

a.       Amy = No vote, would like to have seen more dollars given.

·        Future chapter meeting presentations:  May and June.

-         May 2015 – Charlie Card – Fly fishing Flaming Gorge Reservoir with an emphasis on smallmouth bass

i.      No luck with the bass guys

-         June 2015? - Switch/Spay Cast – (Pat)

i.      Charlie come and teach double hauling

ii.      Tenkara USA was contacted

1.      Are busy, but got directed to two guys in SLC

iii.      Jim Hissong will come and demo 2 handed casting

iv.      Pat will get talk to Scott Christy regarding WYTU demo Rods.

v.      Mike (embroidery shop) is interested in helping

vi.      Pat will reserve the park.

vii.      Pot luck or Chapter buys food?

1.      Amy motions to give $400 for the BBQ and June meeting

a.       Pete 2nds

b.      All in favor

c.       Pat is requesting a few more hands to help

d.      Left over BBQ stuff will be used for kids fishing day a week after the June meeting.

·        Seedskadee Chapter pamphlet of accomplishments

-         Living document – income, expenditures, accomplishments

i.      John C. volunteered to put to put this together.

ii.      Amy, will send John C. a copy of the river walk one she did.

-         Should we pursue? Yes

-         Project lead? John C.

·        Chapter meeting attendance:

-         Ideas for advertising chapter meetings and chapter presentations?

i.      Free advertising opportunities?

1.      Green River Star and Rocket

a.       “public meeting” happing’s

2.      Need to avoid looking like a fly fishing club.

3.      Flyers in both Green River and Rock Springs

a.       Could be spin off of the “living Document”

ii.      Is it time to spend a little $$$?

·        Review Seedskadee Chapter mission statement and By-Laws

-         Do by-laws need to be updated? Yes

-         By-laws were last done June 6, 2013

-         Update:

i.      We need to include the g-mail

ii.      Include Education in Section II

-         Table this

i.      Get feedback at the State meeting and Western Regional meeting. Pat will talk to people.

ii.      Will return to this issue in July

·        Review and audit of the chapter financial records

-         Need?

-         How do we get there from here?  Who conducts audit?

-         Scott N. keeps good records and this could be done, quickly.

-         Pat, National TU recommends that at least internal audits are done every few years.

i.      There is interest in talking more about this when Scott N. is here.

1.      Will cover this in May BM meeting.

·        Reminder - April and May projects and activities

-         Cottonwood poles for Seedskadee

i.      April 11cottonwood pole planting on SNWR

-         Adopt-a-Trout/burbot – Green River

i.      Tagging fish during April

ii.      Tracking commences shortly there after

iii.      Interested folks get with Nick Walrath and/or John Walrath (3rd cousins)

-         Lying and Tying

i.       April 9th @ 6:30 pm

ii.      Room 205 at the WWCC Green River Campus

-         April Seedskadee chapter meeting

i.      April 14th, 6:30 pm, Rock Spring WWCC, Room 1333

ii.      Presentation:  Tiffany Simpson WWCC student

1.       Results from terrestrial invertebrate study on Trout

-         Spring Council meeting

i.      Apr 17-19 in Casper

-         Project Healing Waters

i.      April 21-22 – take vets fishing

1.      April 21 – 5 pm – social (snacks and beverages)

2.      April 22  - 5 pm – 2 briskets and potluck

-         SNWR School Program

i.      April 21 – 8:30 to 1 pm

ii.      ~20 non-traditional students from Casper College

iii.      Contact Katie Theule @ SNWR

-         Western Regional TU Meeting

i.      May 1-3 Jackson, WY (Snow King Resort)

-         Tie One On (State TU and Jackson Hole Chapter Banquet)

i.      May 2nd

-         Seedskadee board meeting - May

i.      May 12th, 5:00 pm, Outlaw Inn Restaurant, Rock Spring

-         Seedskadee chapter meeting - May

i.      May 12th, 6:30 pm, Outlaw Inn Hotel – upstairs meeting room

ii.      Presentation:  Charlie Card – Fly fishing the Gorge with an emphasis on smallmouth bass.

·        Agenda additions – new business

-         Venue: sounded like everyone likes the Outlaw

-         Amy likes having a BM not on the Chapter meeting night

-         Robb will put together an email about the Chapter meeting next week (tomorrow)