November Chapter Notes
Chapter Meeting Notes
6:30 pm to 8:30 pm
Outlaw Inn, Rock Springs
Upstairs Room above restaurant
· Meet and Greet – 6:30 pm to 6:40 pm
· Welcome and Introductions - 6:40 pm to 6:45 pm
· Meeting presentation - 6:45 pm
- November 10th – Nick Walrath – Green River Manager with Wyoming Trout Unlimited. Nick will be reporting on the fish screen installed on the Hamp II irrigation ditch last year (Seedskadee National Wildlife Refuge) and he will highlight the ditch salvage efforts completed this October by Seedskadee Trout Unlimited, Seedskadee National Wildlife Refuge and the WGFD.
· 10 Minute Intermission prior to proceeding with business portion the meeting
· Agenda Additions?
Cliff will be the lead
· Old business
- Treasurer Report – Review and Accept
§ 23,505.36 = Beginning Balance (11/10/2015)
§ Women’s Float (Pat Newell)
§ Upper Bear River TU (Scott Christy Gift)
§ National TU (Membership Fees)
§ Women’s Float (Scott Neff)
§ TU (Supplemental Accident Insurance)
§ $22,206.36 = Balance
§ Outstanding Checks
· US postal service
· WYTU hat
§ Amy moves to accept Report
· Robb seconds
· All in favor
- December chapter elections
§ Officer and board members
- 2016 project ideas
§ Project Healing Waters – 1st half October 2016
· People are willing to participate
· Robb will take the lead on this for 2016
o There might be a Wyoming Chapter
§ Casper has a chapter, est. 2013
§ Planting on Trout Creek (Ramsay Diversion)
· First part of April
o Looking for lead to help with that.
§ River Clean up - in conjunction with Green River City Clean up.
· May 2016
· Will help promote
o Facebook, etc.
§ Seedskadee National Wildlife Refuge - School Programs
· one or two more sets of hands really helps out
· Month of May
· Howard and John will be the leads for this project
· New business
- Wyoming State TU meeting
§ Update – Pat Newell
· Temperate monitoring
- Upper Bear River Chapter challenged us to come up with 50% of the $5,000 ask from Hillary Walrath to complete the Peoples Canal Diversion.
§ This is a project that will protect nearly the entire Henry’s Fork drainage.
§ The project is in the middle of construction and will be completed, soon.
· Help needed:
- Adopt-a-Trout/burbot – Green River
§ Project leads Nick Walrath and John Walrath
§ Help needed tracking BBT and BNT
§ Interested folks call John Walrath (307-875-3202) or Nick Walrath (307-532-0753)
- Adjourn Until Next Time – Get Out and Make Some Memories! <*))))><
· Upcoming chapter activities and projects - December
- Chapter Meeting
i. December 8th @ 6:30 pm (always 2nd Tuesday of month)
ii. Outlaw Inn, Rock Springs – Upstairs Room above restaurant
- Lying and Tying
i. December 10th @ 6:30 pm (always 2nd Thursday of month)
WWCC (GR campus), room 205