May 2015 Board Meeting Notes

Seedskadee TU Board Meeting Notes

12-May-15

5 pm to 6:30 pm

Outlaw Inn Restaurant, Rock Springs

·         Agenda additions – new business

·         Board meeting mins

-          Nick will look into posting Board Meeting mins.

·         Sharing the passwords for g-mail to Eddie and John

·         Gooseberry Creek

-          June 2nd, 5:30pm @ Cruel Jacks

-          Tree tubes posts

·         F3T film Festival

-          Final tally

i.      $2,871.85

-          Future

i.      Better venue

ii.      We are going to do the event next year

·         Project Healing Waters

-          Quick review of event

i.      6 vets and 3 PHW volunteers

-          Receipt reimbursement

i.      Reimbursement of Robb,

1.      Calvin moves to reimburse Robb

2.      Scott, 2nds.

-          Should we sponsoring Project Healing Water?

-          Thank you letter to Bam Bams Barbeque in Orem, TU for 2 donated briskets

i.      Send to Clint

-          Scott (PHW) is interested in coming back this Fall (2015)

i.      People may be getting stretched thin?

ii.      Amy moves to contact the PHW and push it back until Fall 2016

1.      Pete 2nds

2.      All in favor

a.       Robb will contact Scott and Tom about the 2016 proposal.

b.      Put on agenda for next summer.

·         Seedskadee Chapter pamphlet of accomplishments

-          Progress?  Assistance needed? – John

-          TU “Tackle Box” stuff on Web site

i.      Will add Eddie and John as board members, for access to the Tackle Box.

-          Calvin will send the calling card idea to all.

-          John has provided a sheet to help

i.      Board members filled out.

·         Questar Volunteers

-          Hillary was called and they would like to help out with volunteer projects.

·         Kids Fishing Day

-          Saturday - June 20, 2015 – day before Father’s Day - Amy

-          Loose ends?  /  Help needed?

-          Donations from Western Wyo. Beverage.

-          Follow up with Walt about the Free TU Memberships from a TU business

-          Amy wants everyone to tell your friends!

-          Stream trailer will be there

-          Will need people to help.

-          What do we give to our donors?

i.      Amy sends a letter and handmade Thank You cards

-          Will start ads on June 1st

-          Amy will email flyers

·         Ladies Fly Fishing Retreat

-          Fishing Two Day / camping one night – Hillary

-          Thought?

-          Was a big success last year

i.      Weekend long event with camping and casting clinic on river.

ii.      2nd weekend of September (12th)

iii.      Charging more ($50.00)

iv.      Board is all for this event.

v.      Hillary will get the word out

·         Calvin moves to not have a June board meeting

-          Pat 2nds.

·         Pete Motions to Adjourn

-          Scott 2nds

-          All in favor

·         The following agenda items were not covered in the May board meeting and will be put near the top of the July meeting.

·         Future Chapter meeting presentations:  May, June and October.

-          June 9th  – Fly fishing demonstrations and BBQ/potluck – (Pat)

i.      Picnic in Green River at Evers Park – next to Expedition Island

ii.      Demonstrations for Tenkara, single hand and two hand casting.

iii.      Chapter will supply hamburgers and hot dogs

iv.      Helpers?

-          Oct 13th – Steve Wolff (SEO) Colorado River compact – what it means to anglers in the Green River drainage.5

·         Review and audit of the chapter financial records

-          Need?  How do we get there from here?  Who conducts audit?

·         Chapter meeting attendance:

-          How do we increase?

-          Progress?

·         May and June activities, projects, and volunteer opportunities

-          Adopt-a-Trout/burbot – Green River

i.      Need help tracking BBT and BNT

ii.      Interested folks please call John Walrath (307-875-3202)

-          SNWR School Program

i.      Help needed 9 am to noon on the following days:

1.      Tue May 19th; Thu May 21st ;Fri May 22nd

ii.      May 22nd are the days SNWR are most out-numbered by kids.

iii.      Contact Katie Theule @ 307-413-8157 or Katie_theule@fws.gov

-          Lying and Tying

i.       May 14h @ 6:30 pm

ii.      Room 205 at the WWCC Green River Campus

-          Seedskadee board/chapter meeting - June

i.      Jun 9th – Chapter BBQ/potluck and Fly fishing demonstrations

ii.      Picnic in Green River at Evers Park – next to Expedition Island

-          Kids Fishing Day update

i.      Saturday - June 20, 2015 – day before Father’s Day

Amy is looking for assistance