March 2015 Board Meeting Notes

Seedskadee TU Board Meeting

10-Mar-15

5:00 pm to 6:30

·        Odds and Ends

-         Letter of thanks to Commissioner Anselmni

-         Letter of thanks to Muley Fanatics

i.      Calvin will do that

1.      $14,500

-         Calvin makes a motion to be a Muley Fanatics member ($500.00)

i.      Scott 2nds

ii.      Passes

1.      Calvin and Scott will send a check to the MF.

-         Spring Council meeting

i.      Apr 17-19 in Casper

ii.      Registration open

-         2015 Teen Summit

i.      Application period open

-         Kids Fishing Day update

i.      Place set

ii.      Cowboy Bass is coming

iii.      4 letters out for stuff.

iv.      Amy needs help, she has talked to Cody and will confirm tonight.

v.      Budget, Amy has made a motion for $1,000

1.      Robb, doesn’t want it to turn into a give-a-way event. (i.e. Evanston)

2.      Pete 2nds motion

vi.      Robb will send out an email calling the chapter for help for TKFD.

·        Review future chapter presentations:  April – January 2016.

-         Mar 2015 –  Joe Skorupski - Fishing in Yellowstone

-         Apr 2015? - Tiffany Simpson WWCC student, invertebrate study on Trout Creek – (Scott)

-         May 2015? - Bass Club, Cowboy Bass Presentation – (Robb will call Bubba)

i.      Just how to catch fish

ii.      Seasonal fishing

-         Jun 2015? - Switch/Spay Cast – (Pat)

i.      has Charlie committed to come up and teach

ii.      is moving forward on Spay Caster guy.

-         Oct 2015 - Steve Wolff - Colorado River compact – impacts to Green River anglers (Robb)

-         Nov 2015 - Hamp II fish screen - (Nick)

-         Dec 2015 -  Christmas Party

-         Jan  2015 - Belize Fishing – Calvin

-         Other potential presentations:

i.      Formal Tenkara

1.      Gink and Gasoline (Denial Galhardo)

2.      SLC guys

ii.      Wounded warrior

iii.      Ashly Bonser (Lake Trout)

iv.      Yellowstone Lake update, Dave Sweet

v.      Spread Creek, movement study

vi.      Seedskadee how and why is it here? Creation, waterfowl, etc.

-         Will put this bed until the Oct 2015.

·        Chapter meeting attendance:

-         Ideas for advertising chapter meetings and chapter presentations?

i.      Free advertising opportunities?

ii.      Is it time to spend a little $$$?

1.      Adds in the newspaper

iii.      Radio Network - Robb

iv.      Facebook – Scott

1.      Put Slide show on Facebook

2.      Or Google Docs

v.      Keep Calendar on Facebook updated -

a.       Keep commenting on pictures and posts

vi.      Green River Chamber - Nick

vii.      Poster of Calendar of events

viii.      Sweetwater Now

1.      Gary

2.      Green River AAT

3.      G&F Tag

ix.      F3T – Facebook drawing (Martha and Hillary)

·        March and April Projects

-         Cottonwood poles for Seedskadee

i.      March 21 to cut and bundle cottonwood poles harvested from Farson

1.      Robb will send out an email for volunteers (9:00am)

2.      If too many people could stain walk overs

ii.      Install poles – Gene &/or Ron available both April 4 and 11

-         Willow poles for Seedskadee

i.      March 1 to April 15 (weekend):  Cut and install native willow poles (before or shortly after willow leaf out) adjacent to Cottonwood and Hawley side channels that were opened up on Seedskadee NWR last year.

ii.      Combine with Cottonwood poles if there are enough people on March 21.

-         AAT Fish Tagging

i.      Will start soon

ii.      Calvin motions to use the leftover tag $$ for and some of the current tag $$ to pay for the ATS receiver.

1.      Scott 2nds.

2.      $2,985.00

-         March Mini Workshop – Sweetwater Co Library

i.      March 21 – 10 am to 2 pm

ii.      Teach fly tying

iii.      Do we have a volunteer?

iv.      opportunity to advertise F3T?

-         F3T Fly Fishing film tour

i.      April 2 in the Holiday Inn Ball Room

ii.      Starts at 7pm

iii.      Cool prizes will be raffled

-         Project Healing Waters

i.      April 21-22

ii.      Update

1.      April 21 – casual social

2.      April 22 BBQ

a.       Chapter members bring a side

iii.      Time to start making a plan

iv.      10am-2pm first day longer 2nd day

v.      Have 4 boats lined up

vi.      Will set up a pre meeting

vii.      Will provide lunch

-         SNWR School Program

i.      April 21 – 8:30 to 1 pm

ii.      ~12 non-traditional students from Casper College

iii.      Contact Katie Theule @ SNWR

iv.      Katie has enough help for this event.

·        Wrap up Board meeting

-         Robb wants to have a Board meeting strictly for projects. (below)

i.      Later this Month.

·        2015 Chapter projects – which projects are we going to commit to?

-         Fly Fishing Class

-         River Clean up

i.      In conjunction with Green River City Clean up.

-         Kevin Spence (WGFD) Beaver food (Aspen cutting) project on Trout Creek.

-         Red Creek

i.      Aspen planning and exclosure construction

ii.      Instream habitat work

iii.      Other

-         Clean up Big Sandy

i.      2 more hatching boxes left

1.      Stove springs

2.      Number 5

-         SNWR Cross-over ladders need to be stained

-         Planting on Trout Creek (Ramsay Diversions)

-         Calvin will follow up regarding the fishing line collectors with UBRTU

-         Gilbert Creek, project with UBRTU, Overnight camping

i.      Population Estimate

ii.      Habitat

-         Ramp locations below Seedskadee

-         Grade School hatching box, by Seedskadee headquarters

-         River Fest

-         SNWR ditch evaluations

i.      Hamp II Ditch – allow SNWR staff to observe and evaluate screen over the summer

ii.      Hamp I Ditch – EF and netting survey to evaluate entrainment and salvage the entrained.

iii.      Powell Ditch – EF surveys to evaluate entrainment and salvage the entrained.

-         Side Channel Surveys:  Identify and priorities side channels on SNWR for opening and reconnection to the main Green River with heavy equipment such as an excavator.

i.      Identify candidate side channels with Google Earth, Howard’s list/maps and local knowledge.

ii.      On the Ground surveys evaluate side channels and complete long-pro surveys and cross sectional surveys to collect data to be used in identifying and prioritizing sites for future projects.

iii.      Kevin will provide training with survey equipment to professionals and volunteers interested in working on this opportunity.

·        Update By-Laws

Plan a review and audit of the Financial records