February 2015 Board Meeting Notes

Seedskadee TU Board Meeting

5-Feb-15

5:00 pm to 6:30

·         State Council Meeting           

-          April 17-19 in Casper

·         Western Regional TU Meeting

-          May 1-3 Jackson, WY (Snow King Resort)

·         Tie One On (State TU and Jackson Hole Chapter Banquet)

-          May 2nd

·         Rock Springs Kids Fishing Day

-          20-June – day before Father’s day

·         Upper Bear River Chapter Banquet

-          9-May

·         Pick a fly rod length and weight for membership attendance raffle

-          Pat will check on prices

i.      4-7 wt

·         Green River Chamber sign

-          Let’s write a check?

-          Calvin moves to donate $333.33 for the Chamber sign

i.      2nd Amy

ii.      All yes, 0 no’s

-          Check was written and signed at Chapter meeting – Calvin Delivered check

-          Future agenda item

i.      1 year of advertising – how do we use it?

ii.      How much do we pay for advertising in the future?

iii.      When does the year start?

·         Healing Waters

-          Set for April 21-22

i.      Folks will be here on the 20th and leave the 23rd

ii.      We are covered with rowers

1.      Will work on who is going to do what, at a later time

-          April 22 – BBQ?

i.      Clint is looking into BBQ from SLC (brother in-law)

ii.      BYOB on the 21st social

iii.      Will talk to the HW leaders more about

-          Seedskadee TU hats from the chapter

i.      Amy moves to give all participants a hat at the expense of the board

ii.      Pat 2nds the motion

iii.      All in favor, 0 apposed

iv.      Calvin will order the hats

-          Update

i.      Robb, sent a list of flies

ii.      Make sure to work on articles to newspapers

·         Review and add to the following list of chapter meeting presentation ideas for 2015/16 – pick and pursue programs from the list for March – January 2016.

-          Tiffany Simpson WWCC student, invertebrate study on Trout Creek – (Scott N.) March 2015

i.      Next spring sometime

ii.      Scott added her to the e-mail list

-          Project Healing waters – Introduction to the projects mission, goals and successes to day prior to the tentatively planned float trips in April (David Brittain) – (RK) April 2015

-          Bass Club, Cowboy Bass Presentation – (Amy) May 2015

-          Switch/Spay Cast – (Pat) June 2015

i.      Ron Hanson

ii.      Charlie Card

iii.      SLC dude

-          Colorado River compact – what it means to Green River anglers (Steve Wolff) – October 2015 (RK)

-          Hamp II fish screen - (Nick) November 2015

-          Christmas Party December 2015

-          Belize Fishing – Calvin - January 2016

·         Other presentations:

-          Formal Tenkara

i.      Gink and Gasoline (Denial Galhardo)

ii.      SLC guys

-          Wounded warrior

-          Ashly Bonser (Lake Trout)

-          Yellowstone fishing Joe Skropski

-          Yellowstone Lake update, Dave Sweet

-          Spread Creek, movement study

-          Seedskadee how and why is it here? Creation, waterfowl, etc.

·         Photo shop on Little Mountain summer 2015

-          Talk to Pat

Evaluation of Log Inn for future board meetings and chapter meetings?